“I could keep trying to do the same kind of comedies. You know how it’s going to go and you can get an audience with it, but then I feel like a hamster on a wheel.” - Vince Vaughn
With the current lockdown worldwide people have had to adjust their routine.
Personally, I had to adjust my daily walk routine around the community to a driveway. It felt as if I was on a hamster wheel with incredibly limited direction.
Imagine walking up and down a driveway 100+ times or so.The neighbors probably wondered if it was a flashback from Bill Murray in What about Bob.
Thank God for great music and inspiring audiobooks that I could listen to while I was on my trek.
Actually, living one’s life on a hamster wheel really sucks but at times, we all need to do what needs to be done. We’ve all been there.
If your life is causing you to feel like a hamster on a wheel, consider these baby steps.
1. Write your goals on a goal card and carry it with you at all times.
2. Create and listen to your audio of your personal goals every day. Turn off the radio! The audio will reinforce absolutely everything that you desire and in turn will cause proactive change in your life.
3. Understanding and daily study is the only method of altering the hamster wheel syndrome.
4. Take 20-30 minutes in the morning to read, reflect and or listen to information that elevates your personal zone towards greater productivity and fulfillment for the day.
5. Begin reading some motivational and inspirational books.
6. Read your affirmations/afformations daily. Read them at night and read them in the morning when you start your day. Create your own affirmations that resonate with you.
7. Log onto this link and listen to the relaxation audio. This works better than any pill on the planet.
Stress, anxiety, fear etc. will be a thing of the past as you begin to exercise more control over your life.
Most of this defies logic.
Guess what? Logic will not take you over the top. You are already great but can only become spectacular as a result of your daily actions.
Remember, you don’t have to convince the planet. You only have to do it for yourself. Do a little bit every single day until it becomes a habit. Making it a habit is the key.
As mentioned in an earlier blog, it’s called compartmentalization. Don’t place everything into one box. Create separate mental boxes for various issues at hand.
This works perfectly when you make this a habit.
Again, take some time to study every day. Change takes time, energy and effort. However, it is absolutely worth it!
You are absolutely worth it!
Doing this will help you manage and ultimately master the hamster wheel syndrome and move you towards your greater success.
Earl Nightingale said it best, “Success is the progressive realization of a worthy ideal.”
As you intensify your understanding of the latter, you will be more productive, accountable, fulfilled, inspired and dedicated to do whatever it is that you are doing with your most precious asset; your time.
Coach Franco Cianflone
1 ON 1 COACHING
Mental Toughness For Life